What happens if you don't clean your chimney?
It’s the time of year when people start using their fireplaces to keep warm. However, many people don’t realize that not cleaning their chimneys can be dangerous. In this blog post, we will discuss the 10 dangers of not cleaning your chimney. Keep reading to learn more!
If you have a fireplace, it is important to keep the chimney clean. Otherwise, you could be putting yourself and your family at risk.
Here are some dangers of not cleaning your chimney:
– Creosote Buildup: When you burn wood in your fireplace, it leaves behind a sticky substance called creosote. This creosote can build up on the walls of your chimney and create a fire hazard.
– Blockages: If your chimney is blocked, it can cause dangerous gasses to build up inside your home. These gasses can be deadly if inhaled.
– Fires: One of the most obvious dangers of not cleaning your chimney is that it increases the risk of a fire. A build-up of creosote or other debris can easily ignite, putting your home at risk.
– Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Another danger of dirty chimneys is that they can cause carbon monoxide to leak into your home. This gas is odorless and colorless, and it can be deadly if inhaled.
– Structural Damage: If you don’t clean your chimney, the creosote and other debris can cause structural damage. This damage can make your chimney unsafe to use and put your home at risk of collapse.
These are just some of the dangers of not cleaning your chimney. As you can see, it is important to keep your chimney clean and free of debris.
If you have any questions about chimney cleaning, or if you would like to schedule a cleaning, please contact us today. We would be happy to help you keep your chimney safe and working properly. Thanks for reading!